surgical medical device
RICROLIN® + ET KIT IONTOPHORESIS
The iontophoresis kit offered by Horus Pharma includes the following medical devices:
- Ricrolin®+, a riboflavin-based (0.1%), hypotonic ophthalmic solution for para-surgical use suitable for performing cross-linking procedures by iontophoresis.
- IONTOFOR CXL: corneal electrode
- PROTENS ELITE 4848LE: return electrode
- VEGA LAMP 10mW
Ricrolin®+ Indications :
Ricrolin®+ in combination with a medical device emitting UV-A for ophthalmic use, is indicated in the conservative treatment of keratoconus and ectatic pathologies.
The treatment is particularly indicated for:
- all forms of corneal ectasia, genetic or iatrogenic.
- progressive keratoconus (clinically or instrumentally documented) and for anomalies of the cornea.
CXL by iontophoresis procedure:
- EPI-ON procedure: there is no de-epithelialization phase
- Permeation phase: penetration of riboflavin into the stroma through the application of a low-intensity electric field generated by the I-ON CXL device. By fixing the current to 1mA, the iontophoresis phase lasts only 5 minutes.
- UV-A irradiation phase provided using the VEGA LAMP 10mW for 9 minutes